If you are a mobile user in South Africa, you may have noticed that there are different number codes for different networks. For example, you may know that 082 is a Vodacom number and 083 is an MTN number. But what about 064? What network is 064 in South Africa?
In this blog post, we will answer this question and provide you with a complete guide on the 064 network in South Africa. We will also explain how to transfer data to other users on the same network, how to use night surfer data, and how to check your data balance. By the end of this post, you will have a better understanding of the 064 network and how to make the most of it.
What Network is 064 in South Africa?
The 064 network is a Cell C number code in South Africa. Cell C is one of the leading mobile providers in South Africa, offering a wide range of services and mobile and data deals. Cell C has allocated the 064 number code to its customers since 2016, when the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) issued new regulations for number codes.
According to the ICASA numbering plan regulations of 2016, mobile operators are required to provide customers with the option to transfer data to other users on the same network, to roll over unused data before the expiry date, to opt in for out-of-bundle data usage, and to receive usage notifications at levels of 50%, 80%, and 100%. These regulations apply to contract, prepaid, and hybrid customers.
The 064 number code is one of the many number codes that Cell C uses for its customers. The other number codes that Cell C uses are:
- 0610 – 0613
- 0615 – 0619
- 0641 – 0645
It is important to note that some customers may have ported their numbers from other networks to Cell C, or vice versa. This means that some numbers may not be carried by the original network operator. For example, a 064 number may be carried by Vodacom, MTN, or Telkom, if the customer has ported their number from Cell C to another network.
To check which network a 064 number belongs to, you can use a number lookup service online, such as Truecaller or Numverify. These services can help you identify the network operator, the location, and the type of the number.
How to Transfer Data to Other Users on the 064 Network
If you are a Cell C customer with a 064 number, you can transfer data to other Cell C customers using various channels, such as USSD, the Cell C App, and the Cell C Web Portal. You can transfer data three times per day, up to 1GB per month, for free. You will not pay a cent to send your data to friends or family on the Cell C network.
To transfer data to other users on the 064 network, you need to follow these steps:
- Dial *147# and select option 4 to purchase a data bundle. You can choose from a variety of bundles, such as daily data, nite data, and anytime monthly.
- After purchasing a data bundle, dial *147# again and select option 5 to transfer data.
- Enter the Cell C number of the person you want to send data to and press send.
- Enter the amount of data you want to transfer and press send.
- Confirm the transfer and press send.
You and the person you have sent data to will receive a confirmation SMS. The data you have transferred will have the same expiry date as the original bundle. You can also extend the validity of the transferred data by purchasing a data rollover bundle.
How to Use Night Surfer Data on the 064 Network
Night surfer data is a portion of your data bundle that can be used from 00:00 to 04:59:59 daily. Night surfer data is a great way to save money and enjoy faster internet speeds at night. You can use night surfer data for browsing, streaming, downloading, and more.
To use night surfer data on the 064 network, you need to purchase a smartdata nite bundle. These bundles are available in different sizes, from 250MB to 1GB, and have low in-bundle rates. You can purchase a smartdata nite bundle by dialing *147# and selecting option 4, then choosing the smartdata nite option.
You can also get night surfer data as part of your contract or prepaid plan. For example, if you are on the Pinnacle or MediaPlay contract, you will get a certain amount of night surfer data every month, depending on your plan. If you are on the MegaData or SupaCharge prepaid plan, you will get a certain amount of night surfer data every time you recharge, depending on the amount.
To check your night surfer data balance, you can dial *101# or use the Cell C App or the Cell C Web Portal.
How to Check Your Data Balance on the 064 Network
To check your data balance on the 064 network, you have several options. You can:
- Dial *101# and press send. You will receive an SMS with your data balance and expiry date.
- Dial *147# and select option 1 to view your balance. You will see your data balance and expiry date on your screen.
- Use the Cell C App or the Cell C Web Portal. You will need to register and log in with your Cell C number and password. You will be able to see your data balance and expiry date, as well as other information, such as your voice and SMS balance, your usage history, and your account details.
You can also receive usage notifications via SMS when you reach 50%, 80%, and 100% of your data limit. To activate or deactivate these notifications, you can dial *147# and select option 3, then choose the usage notification option.
What is the difference between 064 and 062?
Both 064 and 062 are Cell C number codes in South Africa. The difference is that 064 was allocated to Cell C in 2016, while 062 was allocated to Cell C in 2010.
Can I port my 064 number to another network?
Yes, you can port your 064 number to another network, such as Vodacom, MTN, or Telkom. To do that, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the nearest store of the network you want to port to and request a porting form.
- Fill in the porting form with your personal and contact details, and your Cell C number.
- Provide proof of identity, such as your ID, passport, or driver’s license.
- Purchase a new SIM card from the network you want to port to and insert it into your phone.
- Send an SMS with the word “PORTME” and your new SIM card number to 084 767 8287 from your Cell C SIM card.
- You will receive an SMS confirming your porting request and the date and time of the porting.
- Wait for the porting to be completed. You will lose network service on your Cell C SIM card and gain network service on your new SIM card.
- Enjoy your new network with your 064 number.
How can I get more data on the 064 network?
There are many ways to get more data on the 064 network. You can:
- Purchase a data bundle by dialing *147# and selecting option 4. You can choose from a variety of bundles, such as daily data, nite data, and anytime monthly.
- Purchase a data rollover bundle by dialing *147# and selecting option 6. You can extend the validity of your unused data before it expires.
- Recharge your prepaid account by dialing 102pin# or using the Cell C App or the Cell C Web Portal. You will get free data depending on the amount and the plan you are on.
- Transfer data from another Cell C user by dialing *147# and selecting option 5. You can receive up to 1GB of data per month for free.
- Switch to a contract or prepaid plan that offers more data, such as the Pinnacle or MediaPlay contract, or the MegaData or SupaCharge prepaid plan. You can compare the plans and benefits on the Cell C website or app.
We hope that this blog post has answered your question of what network is 064 in South Africa and provided you with a complete guide on the 064 network. Now you know how to transfer data to other users on the 064 network, how to use night surfer data, and how to check your data balance. You also know how to port your 064 number to another network and how to get more data on the 064 network.